Thread: Everyone WINS Lionfish Tournament

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Everyone WINS Lionfish Tournament

The Emerald Coast Reef Association will be hosting a different kind of
    LIONFISH TOURNAMENT
    Generously Sponsored by:
    The Other End Beer Garden and the Bill and Dianne Campbell Charitable Trust

Everyone Wins Recreational Lionfish Round-up
    Some will win a little, some will win a lot but everyone walks away a winner!

Where: Other End Beer Garden Dock in the Destin Harbor - GPS coordinates will be provided.

When: Lionfish slaying days and turn in time is between 3:00 - 5:00 pm on the following days:
    • Saturday October 21
    • Sunday October 22
    • Saturday October 28

Awards ceremony and fish fry Sunday October 29th

1st Place: $3,000.00
    2nd Place: $2,00.00
    3rd Place: $1,000.00

Per Fish Winnings for those who do NOT Place:
    Every diver that does NOT place will win $2.00 for every donated lionfish with a minimum of 5 lionfish turned in. These Per fish Pay-outs will be limited to the first 2,000 lionfish turned in so, get your lionfish in as early as possible.

You can also win by turning in the Largest and the Smallest Lionfish

Smallest $300.00
    Largest $200.00

Registration for the general public is $30.00

ECRA members $20.00

Registrations will be half price if you register with ECRA at the Other End Charity Event on October 15th 5:00 pm Please print and have your forms filled out prior to the event. (See details on Social Thread on the Forum)

We will also have some AMAZING raffles and silent auction items at the awards ceremony!

• Nautilus Lifeline Marine Radio and GPS for Divers
    • An Increadably Beautiful 6' Hawaiian Sling hand made by one of our amazing members!
    • Underwater Kinetics SL3 LED dive light
    • AKONA Dive luggage
    • Spearfishing catch buoy

Registration Forms, Release of Liability forms and rules will be posted in following posts, on this thread. Stay tuned!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Rules, Registration and Liability Release Form

Please click on the attachment for the rules and registration form.

The Captains Meeting will be:

Friday October 20 at Discovery Dive World 6PM

92 John Sims PKWY Valparaiso, FL

Please bring your completed registration form with you and a check or cash to pay for your registration fee.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Candy; 10-15-17 at 11:25 AM. Reason: add attachment
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

3. Default

can't to see the rules and guidelines on this.

4. Default

Is there another mechanism to obtain the rules and regulations before the event on the 15th

Sorry for the delay, my computer gave me the blue screen of death. Everything you need is now in post #2 Thanks so much for your patience!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Hi Smith47,
    If you come to the Other End Beer Garden tonight around 5PM, Ill have registration forms AND tonight ONLY, registration is 1/2 off for attendee's!

Otherwise, the rules and registration are now posted in post #2 in this thread.

You can also get rules & registration forms at Discovery Dive World starting Monday or at the Capt. meeting Friday night 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by smith47 View Post
    Is there another mechanism to obtain the rules and regulations before the event on the 15th
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Keeping an eye on sea conditions for this weekend. The Captains meeting will go on as planned and well decide on a go/ no go on Friday. If sea conditions are dangerous, well reschedule the dive dates. Stay tuned.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Due to dangerous sea conditions, the tournament dive dates have changed to Friday October 27, Saturday October 28th and Sunday October 29th. Registration has been extended until Thursday. You can register at Discovery Dive World in Valparaiso pay your registration fee in cash.

Fish turn in Times will be 3:00 - 5:00 pm all three days. Dont Forget: your fish must be fresh caught and properly iced to preserve freshness. Failure to follow this rule may disqualify your catch.

Awards ceremony and fish fry will still be Sunday but will begin after the fish count is complete.

We will have some fantastic raffles and some AMAZING Silent Auctions so, come prepared!

Raffle tickets will be:
    1 for $1.00
    6 for $5.00

If you have questions, reply to this thread. (To reply, you first need to register on the forum. Its free.)
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

The Sea Gods aren't playing nice and our air and water temperature window is quickly closing.

Because we want our divers to be safe and successful, we have decided to re-schedule our $10K tournament until the spring. We are looking at the May time frame.

Divers who have already paid their entry fee can let it ride or, if you want a refund, you can send a private message that includes your name and address to candy.hansard@gmail.com

If you let it ride, you will be automatically registered for the next tournament.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director