Thread: Lionfish Tournament May 16

Default Lionfish Tournament May 16

I think Discovery Dive World is having a lionfish tournament May 16. I don't know any details.

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

The tournament is advertised on our homepage. www.ecreef.org

First 35 to register get a FREE pole spear.

Top prize: Don Gaetz Champion of the Fishery Award and $1,000.00!

There will be a lionfish workshop at discovery dive world the Tuesday before the derby.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

All members of ECRA are invited to attend the Lionfish Awards Ceremony May 16th. Senator Don Gaetz will be there to present the "Don Gaetz Champion of the Fishery Award" to the diver who brings in the most lionfish. 1st place prize is $1,000.00! Wow!!! You do NOT have to be a diver to come to the ceremony.

Mark your calendars and plan to join us at Discovery Dive World May 16th at 5:00 pm for the awards ceremony!

If you're a diver, there is still time to register for the tournament. Cost: $10.00 DDW is giving the first 35 registrants a FREE lionfish pole spear!

The Lionfish Capt. Meeting and workshop is Tuesday May 12th 6:30-7:30. There will be some REALLY nice door prizes there too! Come on out and be part of the excitement!!!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

BIG NEWS Everybody!

There is a Lionfish Documentary film crew that will be at the Lionfish Derby Awards Ceremony! Also, Senator Don Gaetz will be there to present the Award to the winner of the derby!

Everyone is invited, you do not have to be in the tournament to come to the ceremony. I suggest you arrive around 4:30 or 5:00. Awards will be handed out around 5:30!

There is a good chance some of you may be interviewed and asked about ECRA's Lionfish Population Control Proposal. If you haven't already read it, we have a tri-fold brochure that outlines the proposal here: http://www.ecreef.org/Documents/4.19...20Brochure.pdf

Also, ECRA will have a prize drawing at the event. The winner will be chosen from those in attendance that have signed the online letter of support for the plan (Petition). Go here to sign the letter and remember your number because I will have you enter your number for a drawing at the ceremony. http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...hods/sign.html I promise you the prize will be FANTASTIC! Fishermen and Divers will want to win this prize! You know we'll make the winner VERY happy!

Please plan to be at the event, and show your support for ECRA's lionfish population control proposal!

Between now and then, please sign the petition and then share the link with your family and friends and ask them to sign it and share it as well. We need massive public support to get this passed and with your help, we can do it!

Thanks everyone! See you on the 16th!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director