Thread: Fishery Meeting Destin Feb 25, 2014

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Exclamation Fishery Meeting Destin Feb 25, 2014

Please come to this meeting! It is important for the FWC and the Gulf Council to answer your questions and hear your concerns.

Want to get the latest updates on Federal and State Recreational Fisheries Regulations & Management Issues?

Okaloosa, Walton and Santa Rosa County University of Florida IFAS Extension & Florida Sea Grant are hosting two Fisheries Regulations & Management Workshops on the evenings of February 24th (Pensacola) & 25th (Destin). Topics to be addressed include Federal and State fisheries management and regulation updates, new publications, and new tools/techniques in fish recompression. There is no cost to attend these workshops.

The Pensacola workshop will be held from 6:00 pm until 8:30 pm on February 24, 2014 at the Ashbury Place, Cokesbury United Methodist Church, 750 College Blvd., Pensacola. In Destin, the workshop will be held from 6:00 pm until 8:30 pm at the Destin Community Center, 101 Stalman Avenue, Destin.

Speakers include Emily Muelhstein, Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, Alan Peirce, Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission, and Stephen Theberge, Riverside Technology-NOAA Affiliate. Please join us for this informational free workshop.

For more information, please contact Brooke Saari, at 850-892-8172, email bsaari@ufl.edu or Chris Verlinde, at 850-623-3868, email chrismv@ufl.edu.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Members,
    Here is a SECOND meeting being held next week. This one is to hear your views on a NEW Data collecton process being proposed by the FWC.

This is NOt the same as the Tuesday meeting but I recommend you attend this meeting too. For info, Read Bleow:

Gulf Offshore Recreational Fishing Permit Proposal Workshops

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is holding public workshops on a proposal for recreational reef fish data collection that would better define the population of offshore reef fish anglers for survey purposes using a mandatory permit or registry system.

These improvements would enhance current recreational harvest data collection efforts for Florida’s reef fish species in the Gulf of Mexico, including red snapper, gag grouper, red grouper, black grouper, greater amberjack, lesser amberjack, banded rudderfish, vermilion snapper and gray triggerfish. Stakeholders are invited to bring input and any questions about this proposal to any of the following meetings. Meeting locations and times are listed below.

Thursday, March 6: Destin (6:00 – 8:00 p.m. CST), Destin Community Center, 101 Stahlman Ave.

Tuesday, March 11: Phone Conference (6:00 – 8:00 p.m. EDT), please RSVP to the Division of Marine Fisheries Management at 850-487-0554 to obtain instructions to join the meeting.

Wednesday, March 12: Pensacola (6:00 – 8:00 p.m. CDT), Escambia County Extension Office Auditorium, 3740 Stefani Rd.

Read more: http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...#ixzz2tpTafp4L
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director