Thread: Folding pole spear

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Folding pole spear

I found a folding pole spear here: www.foldspear.com It comes with a thigh holster so you can wear it until you need it then you simply pull it out and it unfolds into a 4' long pole spear.

I'm interested in buying the 4' lionfish pole. I called the owner. If I order 4 spears, he'll give me a 40% discount.

They retail for 135.00 each and, with the discount they would be $81.00.+tax.

I want a spear that I can store when I'm using my gun and put away after killing lionfish. I'm sick dangling a lionfish pole from my gun handle.

Anyone interested in going in on a quantity buy with me?
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Default How does the point get stored?

I'd be afraid of sticking myself with that thing in my holster at my waist....just curious.

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Thought I'd post a follow-up on the Fold Spear.
    Since I couldn't find others interested in savings, I went ahead and bought one full price.

I LOVE it!. It comes with a pouch that attaches to your thigh and is very easy to access when you're diving. Putting it back in the holster has not posed any problems for me. Folds up quickly and easily.

I love it because I hated carrying a gun and a pole spear for LF. Danglies can be so annoying. Now, I can deploy the pole spear if there are lionfish that need killing and put it away when I'm finished so that I can concentrate on going after larger fish.

Another thing that is great about this spear is that the pole is scored. That makes it easier to hold on to without my hand slipping. Great design.

This spear is great and well worth the retail price.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director