Thread: Monica Lee info - General Public

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Monica Lee info - General Public

The Emerald Coast Reef Association extends our sincere gratitude to James and Val Flores and to the awesome volunteers that transformed the Monica Lee into a magnificent artificial reef!

James and Val Flores owners of Turn Key Marine Donated the Monica Lee Tugboat to the Emerald Coast Reef Association.

The amazing Members of ECRA volunteered their time and energy and completely cleaned and prepared the Monica Lee to become the first public artificial reef in Okaloosa County in 4 years!

For those of you interested in the Monica Lee Project, the information in the threads below have been in the "Members Only" forum through out the cleaning, preparation and deployment process.

Now that we are finished with this project, we are sharing these threads with you, the general public. The threads are locked and no posts from the general public are allowed in the locked threads.

Below this sticky, any registered forum member can comment or ask questions on the Monica Lee Discussion thread.

ECRA Members: These threads are still in the "Members Only" Reef Building Forum and open for additions of pictures, videos and comments.

The Monica Lee was sunk May 10, 2011

These are the first GPS Coordinates posted: 30 09.330 x 86 22.228.
    Since they were taken from a photo of a bottom finder, the drift appears to have introduced an error.

Stone and I made multiple passes on 4 June 2011 and believe the numbers below will give good results:

30 09.341 x 86 22.223

Remember, the Monica Lee is about 50 feet long.
    Last edited by stone; 06-04-11 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Update Monica's GPS Numbers
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director