Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sinking of the Monica Lee

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Sinking of the Monica Lee

Hi Members!

GREAT NEWS!

The Monica Lee is the newest fish condo in area A, and she landed upright!

No injuries, and Everyone that went out on the deployment - returned.

All in all, I'd say it was a complete success!

I'd like to give a shout out to the following members that volunteered their time today to help with the deployment:

Robert Crum
    Lou Bolin
    John Dyer
    Sandy Boole
    Capt. Gregg Velez
    Tina Sinnott
    Bob Quick
    Lori Quick
    John Garland
    Stone Hansard
    Candy Hansard

My day started at 4:00 a.m. and I am too tired to post pictures tonight but I promise the pictures will come.

Sandy, Bob, Lori, Gregg and Stone also took pictures or video so we should have some really great film to share with you all soon.

Before I sign off, I would also like to say thank you to all the volunteers that helped through out the entire process. We couldn't have done it without your help. I would also like to thank James and Val Flores of Turn Key Marine for the donation of the Monica Lee for an artificial reef.

You guys and gals are amazing people. It's been such a pleasure working with all of you!

Thanks Again!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Monica Lee GPS Numbers

Monica Lee GPS Numbers
    30 09.341 x 86 22.223
    Last edited by Candy; 06-05-11 at 10:57 AM.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Members,

Attached is a screen shot of the Monica Lee on the bottom finder on Gregg Velez's boat with the GPS numbers.

I recommend that you make a note of THESE numbers because we attempeted to dive a reef we have dove for years and couldn't find it. Something wasn't quite right.

Hmmmm....

Anyway, a million thanks so much to Gregg Velez for sending this to me!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I sure am glad we finally got that thing on the bottom and upright! Congrats to everyone involved in the sinking!

5. Default Sinking and Underwater Video

All,

I deleted the video post above and attached another video here. Although it's still compressed to fit on the forum, this one is of better quality and contains more scenes.

Gotta give proper creds to my fiance', Tina Sinnott, who took the shot of the ECRA banner. Ain't that cool?!

Congratulations everyone!!!

Gregg
    Last edited by GreggVelez; 05-16-11 at 08:25 AM.

Gregg,
    You're amazing! Great footage and you got it out lighting fast!

Thank you soooo much!

Can't wait to see more pictures and videos that others took.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

7. Default Bubblefish

Kinda cool how the bubbles rising up from the wreck in the video look like fish on the depthfinder screenshot...the elusive "Bubblefish" have already arrived!

Gregg

Default FWC's Appreciation for a Job Well Done!

Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:10 PM
    To: Candy@valp.net; shenson@co.okaloosa.fl.us
    Cc: chalsey@co.okaloosa.fl.us; Horn, Bill; Mille, Keith
    Subject: Congratulations

Candy and Scott congratulations on a very well planned and executed Emerald Coast Reef Association/Volunteer/Okaloosa County supported Monica Lee artificial reef project. You all are definitely setting high standards for the rest of the state artificial reef programs for your careful planning, attention to detail, contingency planning, safety considerations and environmental and regulatory compliance.

Please pass on FWCs appreciation for a job well done to Turn Key Marine, Capt. Kelly Winds of the Michael Scott, the support divers, Eric Evers, and all the Volunteers who worked hard to safely prep the Monica Lee to be an environmentally
    friendly premier fishing and diving reef. Regards, Jon Dodrill 850.487.0580 x 209
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Out of town company is gone.
    Have an appointment in the morning then I'll finally have time to put up some pictures!

I'm still smiling!

Great Job Everyone!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I noticed all those 'fish' on the there too. I pretty much figured they were bubbles. Even in the video, you could see bubbles coming up from pretty much everywhere. It was also kind of eerie to see a wreck like that with zero fish on it but I'll bet it doesn't look like that anymore!