Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Watch the Monica Lee deployment

Candy, I have to 'amend' my offer.

My boat has been in the shop for the last 3 weeks. I'm HOPING they will start on it today, but no promises. If I get it back before the sinking, I'll post and let people know but I wouldn't want members counting on me for something that is out of my control.

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Members,

We are completely ready for deployment and are just waiting for the "GO" from Capt. James Flores of Turn Key Marine, who is towing the Monica Lee to the sinking location.

Weather and sea conditions are the determining factor on when the Deployment will happen. This coming week, our only possible day will be Tuesday due to scheduling conflicts. The following week, it will be M-F.

If you are interested in watching the Monica Lee sink, please have your boat ready to go and closely watch the forum for an announcement every evening.

The two ECRA assist boats are "The Down Time", the "Dive n Deep" and the "Workboat Michael Scott".

There will be two tow boats bringing the Monica Lee to the sinking location. The "Turn Key" and the "Tugger"

Please follow any instructions given to you by our vessels or by the tow boats.

There will be a safety zone marked by buoys.

There will be some very dangerous maneuvers involved with the preparations for sinking and it is VERY important that all spectators stay behind the buoys.

You must anchor your boat behind the safety zone buoys. Please be sure you have sufficient anchor line and an anchor that will hold your boat in place to prevent any accidental drifting inside the safety zone.

The water depth is 110' at the sinking location but plan on anchoring in at least 125'. I recommend at least 250' - 300' of anchor line.

Once you hear over the radio that sinking is underway, you can blow your horns if you like.

Immediately after the sinking, The Down Time and the Dive n Deep will anchor over the Monica Lee to complete underwater anchoring work. Please stay clear until we are finished. If you wish to dive the Monica Lee, as soon as we finish the work below, we will open the pool.

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone that has had a part in this project. We couldn't have done it without you. I hope you will be able to join us on this exciting day.

Please post on this thread if you plan on attending the sinking. Thank you!!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Members,

For those of you watching for the deployment call, you can go ahead and plan on it being sometime next week...if the sea conditions cooperate.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Default DEPLOY, DEPLOY, DEPLOY

Members,
    If you are planning to be a spectator at the sinking tomorrow, please read the instructions below.

Time to leave the pass will be posted later tonight. Check the forum for updates.

Please keep at least 500' away from the Monica Lee while she is in transit and Please pass her at near idle to prevent wakes.

It is best if you arrive at the sinking location prior to the Monica Lee so that you can anchor behind the safety zone buoys.

There will be some VERY tricky and possibly dangerous manuvers taking place at the sinking location and it is important that you keep your boat clear of the work/safety zone.

The Down Time, Divin Deep and the Michael Scott will be assisting the Turn Key and the Tugger in the deployment.

Please keep your radio on and monitor channel 16 for any instructions from these vessels.

You need to make sure you're anchored and your anchor is holding to prevent any unintentional drifting that could create a danger to those working on the deployment vessels and those on the Monica Lee.

We do not know how long it will take to sink her but I recommend that you bring plenty of beverages and lunch.

Please confirm that you are - or - are not going!

Candy
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I won't be able to make it. Hope all goes well and she lands upright!!

Good luck!!!

6. Default Deployment

Sorry, I won't be able to make it Candy, I will be in Montgomery on business.
    Good luck with the deployment !
    Rick

I'm still at work, having to manage a record river, but I am with you in spirit.

At New Orleans at the moment there is nearly a 6 mph current.
    Capt. Frankie

If you don't mind, try to keep that 6mph current over there!

Sure do wish you could join us~

Stay tuned for the post sinking report my friend!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Candy you should be on the gulf now on the way out to deploy the Monica Lee. Really wish I could be there. Hope goes as planned and everyone stays safe!

As for this river, it is going to reach within 6 inches of the top of the levy in New Orleans. I expect that the River will soon be closed to all traffic until the river recedes some.

Also, with the river reaching a record level there will lots of floatsum, logs and stuff on the gulf. Everyone should keep an extra sharp eye, to avoid hull and motor damage. On a positive note all the floatsum will create great cover for small Dolphin and other fishes that like to hung out in shade.
    Capt. Frankie

Default A done deal!!

Monica Lee went down today without a hitch. A couple of photos, many more will come from other members!! Sea-r-cy
    Attached Images Attached Images