Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pictures Reefing the Monica Lee

1. Default Volunteer Pics

Two pics attached.

Gregg
    Last edited by GreggVelez; 05-16-11 at 08:25 AM.

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Mooring Anchor Mold is being built

Below are pictures of Stone building the mold for the mooring anchor. It is 16 square feet at the opening side and the bottom is one square foot.

This anchor will weigh over 2,000 lbs once completed and will be used to secure the Monica Lee to her resting spot on the floor of the Gulf of Mexico.

Thanks Stone for building the mold and for sacrificing your garage for the past several weeks to store the mold where your car likes to spend the night!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Concrete added to mooring anchor

Members,

Last week, Paul Davis filled our mooring anchor with concrete! As you can see from the pictures, there was a lot more work to do than just dumping in concrete. Having the right tools for the job and Paul's 30+ years of experience with concrete was invaluable.

Paul, I just can't thank you enough for all your continued help!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Post Thanks Paul!!

Thanks Paul! You've saved ECRA a ton of work and cash with you work on the Monica and a lot of projects in the past. You and your son have a free pass on my boat anytime you want!! I know you guys stay busy so you just let me know when you have a free saturday or sunday.

Volunteers, I'll be leaving for the ML in a few minutes, if you need me, call me on my cell phone.

Thanks for your help!!!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I'm always so impressed by the type of people we have in ECRA. There is no way we could have afforded to hire out some of the jobs that the Monica Lee has needed. We've got people that aren't just good at stuff, they are experts! We have heavy machinery guys, concrete guys, electrical guys, transportation guys, etc, etc. We even have a few grunt labor, no skills guys like me, to do the set up and clean up jobs.

That's on top of our fearless leader's organizational, don't take no for an answer skills.

I know the ML isn't on the bottom yet, but there is no way it would have happened w/o the donated efforts of a lot different people.

Talking

Rich is absolutely right!

The finest people in all of Okaloosa County are members of ECRA!

My favorite part of this entire project has been working with so many amazing volunteers. I am truly in awe of the tremendous job you all have done.

On Tuesday, I told the County that we are ready for inspection. All we have to do now is get the flooding holes cut and patched and the doors cut off and the county will inspect then the FWC will come over and take a look at the magnificent job you guys have done.

Thank you all so very much!
    Candy

p.s. I have been busy trying to fix some broken extensions on our website so I can update the home page, so I haven't had time to post a report about last weekend's work that was completed but I will get it up soon.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

8. Default Video

All,

I posted a short video of the sinking and how she looks underwater at the new thread "Sinking of the Monica Lee" at http://www.ecreef.org/reeftalk/showthread.php?t=1597.

More to come...

Gregg