Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Monica Lee Tug Volunteer Roster

Default coops

I plan to bring my gooseneck down sometime this fall/winter. I can haul them then, not sure what my time frame is. Any idea when the coops need to be hauled? Sea-r-cy

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

As soon as someone is ready to haul them, I'll call Mike and set up a time for pick-up and Jim to arrange the drop off.

We will have to clean the cages prior to installing them on the Monica Lee.

I think adding the cages will make The Monica Lee the most productive Tugboat reef in the GOM! And...it's never been done so, we will be making history!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Lets Get Ready to RUMBLE!

The Monica Lee is at the Boat Yard now and James is going to work on getting the engine out this week!

Below are pictures of some of the things I'd like to get cleaned out this weekend.

I'm going to post a list of things for you to bring if you have them. Let me know in your reply post what tools you have and can bring!

Please respond a.s.a.p if you can help. We need to get this done as quickly as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Safety Plan

In order to complete this project with a positive outcome for everyone, we have incorporated a safety plan to protect you as well as those working around you.

A safety briefing will be given to all volunteers prior to working. You are encouraged to ask questions or submit suggestions to improve safety at any time.

Safety protocol will be followed by all participants at all times.

Volunteer Safety Gear list
    Closed toed shoes
    Long pants
    Eye protection
    Leather work gloves
    Hearing protection recommended if working with loud tools below deck

I will buy some ear plugs. Let me know if you need me to provide you with eye protection or work gloves and I will make sure we have some there for you to use while working.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Supply List

Below is a list of supplies we will need this weekend. If you don't have some of this stuff, don't worry about it, someone else will. Bring what you have and we'll get this job done!

Wear old stained clothes!

Please let me know what items you can bring when you RSVP!

• Heavy Duty grounded outdoor extension cords 110/220
    • Saws All
    • Reciprocating Saw
    • Power Washer
    • Wet Dry Vacuum
    • Wheel Barrows/carts
    • Heavy duty bolt cutters
    • Crow bars
    • Hack Saws
    • Bolt Cutters
    • Pliers
    • needle nose pliers
    • Hammer
    • sledge hammer
    • Screw Drivers
    • Vice Grips
    • Paint Scrapers
    • Ratchet Set - Standard & Metric
    • Cutting torch
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

We have several things we are going to do to show our appreciation to our volunteers.

Here are the first few things:

To honor the Volunteers that help Reef the Monica Lee, ECRA is going to purchase bricks with your names! The bricks will be cemented on the deck of the tugboat so that you will be honored in perpetuity.

We are also going to create a page on the website that will have photo's of all of you that will live there for good. How cool will it be to be able to send your friends and family to our home page where they can click and see pictures of you particiapting in a reef deployment like this?!!!

Stay tuned, there's more to come! We appreciate our Volunteers and we intend to show it in a big way!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Someone just sent me an e-mail asking about the safety protocol. It will be very similar to what we have done for all our other reef building activities. We'll have a brief meeting about what we want to accomplish and we'll point out things that we need to be careful about and then everyone will team up and go to work.

No, you don't have to wear earplugs but I'll have them there if you think you need them. As far as eye protection, if you're using cutting tools or tearing out stuff, you really should protect your eyes. If you wear glasses, your glasses will serve as eye protection for most jobs.

Most of the volunteers on this thread have done reef building before and are very good about always being safe in everything they do. If you're new to this, there will be plenty of people that will be able to help you. You can always come to me for questions.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Of course everyone can find comfort in Candy always being ready with a first add kit. Just in case!

She has pictures to show how not paying complete attention to the task at hand can change your view for the day.
    Capt. Frankie

Frankie is right. I will have a first aid kit on hand. I'll even kiss boo boo's if you want.

FYI, Frankie bonked his head with a crow bar. It was really no big deal but we do have fun laughing together about that.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Supplies needed Correction: We will not need a power washer this weekend.

I will bring my saws all and recipricating saw and a variety of tools. I'll also bring a cart.

I'll update my list as I have time.

Now, I need some volunteers to step up to help this weekend.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director