Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Monica Lee Tug Volunteer Roster

1. Default

Would Be Glad To Help However I Can.

2. Default

Where are they planning on sinking the tug?

Hopefully it won't be out where the Belize Queen....etc... .was sunk(15-18 miles SW of the pass)

Why do they keep sinking wrecks 15-18 miles from the pass?

How about sinking it within in 5-8 miles of the pass, so it won't be affected by the currents that are out where the Belize Queen is resting.

State waters vs federal waters. All of the approved reef zones are in federal waters.

I agree, I would MUCH rather see this sunk in 80 or 100 ft of water. I'm sure the dive shops would prefer that too.

The other issue, especially with a tug this tall, is clearance. I believe all artifical reefs are required to have at least 50 ft clearance between the surface and the highest point of the reef.

I seem to remember you need 60' depth clearance above the wreck, we have lots of places in state waters we could use. What the talk on location. I'd like to see it in state waters.

I'm going to Arkansas thru Thanksgiving, do I need to bring back: cuting torch, gas powered metal cut off saw, come-alongs, chains, generator for lights, or anything else?
    Will the work be done in drydock or in the water?
    Will we have to pull engine or anything large out of the tug?
    Sea-r-cy

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Searcy,

James is going to pull the engine and fuel tanks and has a crane available to help with the really heavy lifting work.

I'm hoping she'll come out of the water for us to clean so that we can just drop the debris into the dumpster instead of having to transport it down a dock. Either way, we are very fortunate to have a great place to clean her.

To prevent you from transporting things we may not need, call me from AR before you come home.

We will begin working this very soon now so, everyone stay tuned!

We're planning some really good things for our volunteers; I'll post details as they are finalized.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

BQ,

You are singing my song! For years now, I've been telling the County and State people that we should be building up our State controlled waters.

Good things may be coming on that front in the not so distant future. As things materialize, I'll fill you in.

This reef will go in Federal Waters, however; the location hasn't been determined yet. You will be able to dive it though.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Mike, over in Gulf Shores Alabama, has donated 6 Chicken Transfer Cages for our reef! THANK YOU MIKE!

Only catch is that someone has to go pick them up!

If we put Chicken Cages inside the tug, it will be the BEST Tug reef and fish producer in the GOM! It will also provide shelter from the Goliath Groupers so they can't show up and clean off the reef. It will be the first time the two reef structures have been used together. We could be the ones to start a new trend in reef building!

Is anyone willing to take a sturdy trailer over there and do a field trip? The cages are 750# each so the load would be 2 1/4 tons. Your truck would have to have at least that much towing capacity.

ECRA will pay for your gas, just fill-up when you get back and save the receipt because we have to have receipts for all our expenses.
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I be glad to go along, but my little truck can't pull the kind of weigth

I can pull the load, but I do not have a trailer.
    Capt. Frankie