Thread: Monica Lee Tug

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Monica Lee Tug

Members,

Attached you will find a picture of the Monica Lee that has been offered to ECRA as a donation for an artificial reef.

The County has been very proactive to help make this happen so we should be very happy about that but, the green light has NOT been given by the FWC and the DEP yet.

Tomorrow, you will probably see a story about it in the paper and you may be wondering why I haven't brought this to you sooner. Well, I didn't want to get your hopes up if the tug wasn't approved for reefing or if something else happened and things fell through.

I have no idea how the guy at the NWF Daily news found out about the reefing of the Monica Lee but he just called me so I'm sure it will be in the paper tomorrow. I hope to goodness he gets the story right.

Oh well, I was hoping to tell you when it was a sure thing, but I must admit...this exciting news hasn't been easy to sit on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Candy,
    Where is this boat located? Are you willing to make a guess as to a time line?
    Capt. Frankie

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Default Approval is granted by the FWC! YEA!!!!

GREAT NEWS!

I talked to Jon Dodril at the FWC today and they have completed the process that they needed to do so we can get started!

Who wants to be part of the reefing process of the Monica Lee?

Wow, this is something that we can leave to our grandkids to fish, how exciting is that?

I'm Excited!

Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

Frankie, the tug is in FWB. The time line has already been a couple of months going through the multiple government approval processes. I was afraid to put it out there until I knew that we wouldn't be dissapointed. Looks like we will have a green light.

I'm meeting with the County on Thursday morning to discuss the cleaning process so that we are sure to meet the EPA guidelines.

We will also be discussing a deployment plan.

This is BIG, and I'm excited!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I'll help with whatever

Check out our updated homepage www.ecreef.org
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

7. Default Video

All,

I posted a short video of the sinking and how she looks underwater at the new thread "Sinking of the Monica Lee" at http://www.ecreef.org/reeftalk/showthread.php?t=1597.

More to come...

Gregg