Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a season long tournament?

Question Any interest in a season long tournament?

It has been suggested on another thread that there might be some interest in a season long tournament for the biggest snapper, grouper, etc.

If we have it, I think it should be as simple as possible. Largest red snapper, gag grouper, and AJ by rod/reel and a seperate catagory for spearfishers.

No entry fee, no big prizes, maybe just a hat or T shirt and some bragging rights. Entries to be posted on the forum with measurements, a pic, and a witness.

How many forum members would be interested in something like this?

2. Default

I am in - in fact, I am in the process of sending Candy a preliminary set of rules - altered from rules from another club that runs a similar season long tourney -- we can then simplify or expand upon them.

I would recommend that there be a small entry fee pre member or boat -Maybe $20 bucks - so that a plaque or other award can be purchased for each division...just my 2 cents.

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

Atlanta Capt,

Just post them on this thread and we'll let everyone on the forum hash it out.

This could be fun!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

I won't be on the forum for the next several days but whatever the team decision is, count me in.

5. Default

Sounds good to me !!
    We can hash out the rules and regs at the next Social.
    Capt Rick

I guess if I waited for the rules my question would be answered, but I can't wait to ask. Are we talking a tournament lasting the whole of Red Snapper or the whole of Gag Grouper Season?

Either way I am in!
    Capt. Frankie

I will be ready to compete next week. If all we are going to use is measurements then we should be able to use out of season Red Snapper.
    Capt. Frankie

8. Default

I have to be at a wedding today, but will post the proposed rules tomorrow. Preliminarily, the rule says that out of season red snapper can be counted, if documented properly, prior to release.

I live in Val-p, FL. My boat lives in Niceville & I dive off the coast of Destin.

I guess this will be a rod & reel contest.

The out of season rule excludes the spearfishers.

That's ok with me, it will be fun to watch y'all compete!
    Candy
    President, ECRA
    Reef Deployment Director

10. Default

Spearfisher competition will obviously be inside of the various seasons...